I was really intriqued by this section, especially "Purpose and Definitions of Success" starting on page 24. As I read these pages and thought about comments I've heard from GVSD stakeholders, it's clear to me that we do not yet have a shared understanding of success. I'm really proud to be a part of a team working toward "learning for all students" and am sure that our vision will be a shared vision as we work to implement our strategic plan.
I found Jen's resposne to be similar to mine as I read through this section. Not only do we need to assess if there is a shared understanding of success, but do we also need to determine if the vision for schools/district is shared by all stakeholders? The mission statement for the ditrict is clearly defined, but I would like to know how members of our school teams would define success as per the list on p. 25.
2 comments:
I was really intriqued by this section, especially "Purpose and Definitions of Success" starting on page 24. As I read these pages and thought about comments I've heard from GVSD stakeholders, it's clear to me that we do not yet have a shared understanding of success. I'm really proud to be a part of a team working toward "learning for all students" and am sure that our vision will be a shared vision as we work to implement our strategic plan.
I found Jen's resposne to be similar to mine as I read through this section. Not only do we need to assess if there is a shared understanding of success, but do we also need to determine if the vision for schools/district is shared by all stakeholders? The mission statement for the ditrict is clearly defined, but I would like to know how members of our school teams would define success as per the list on p. 25.
Post a Comment