Recently, we discussed the impact our economic situation may have on our schools. The importance of traditions/cermonies etc., i.e Henlopen, have a significant impact on the culture of the district. How can we be aware of the economic/political pressures in an effort to combat the possibility of sterilizing our schools and the subsequent experiences of students? I found the section highlighting the retreat at a Kentucky high school intersting (p.37). Should we come together for an admin retreat or an admin advance? Just found that one word created a new twist on the entire concept.
2 comments:
While I think most principals use rituals and ceremonies- I wonder how many do so intentionally with the knowledge of the potential impact on staff.
Recently, we discussed the impact our economic situation may have on our schools. The importance of traditions/cermonies etc., i.e Henlopen, have a significant impact on the culture of the district. How can we be aware of the economic/political pressures in an effort to combat the possibility of sterilizing our schools and the subsequent experiences of students?
I found the section highlighting the retreat at a Kentucky high school intersting (p.37). Should we come together for an admin retreat or an admin advance? Just found that one word created a new twist on the entire concept.
Post a Comment