This comment is a synthesis of more than this chapter, but I wonder, "Do we as administrators really believe in what this book says?" IF so, are we consciously doing things directly related to building culture?
What are GV's folkway, mores? Do we need to codify them in writing? Do we strategically collect and use stories? Examples?
In addition to Melody's questions, is it necessary to determine how we define culture. "Of the many different conceptions of culture, none is universally accepted as the one best definition."
I found the section on symbolic leadership in the introduction to be key as I digested the subsequent sections. As we begin to discuss culture and its impact, what lens are we looking through (p.9)?
2 comments:
This comment is a synthesis of more than this chapter, but I wonder, "Do we as administrators really believe in what this book says?" IF so, are we consciously doing things directly related to building culture?
What are GV's folkway, mores? Do we need to codify them in writing? Do we strategically collect and use stories? Examples?
In addition to Melody's questions, is it necessary to determine how we define culture. "Of the many different conceptions of culture, none is universally accepted as the one best definition."
I found the section on symbolic leadership in the introduction to be key as I digested the subsequent sections. As we begin to discuss culture and its impact, what lens are we looking through (p.9)?
Post a Comment